Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

App Inventor Apps and the Android Market

Like I wrote in the end of my last entry, my latest step in the process has been researching whether or not it is possible to upload apps made with Google's App Inventor to the Android Market. Supposedly, if you just create an app with App Inventor and try to upload it, it does not work, says Google as well as many other sources on the internet. However, it seems to be several ways to step around this limitation.

The smoothest option seems to be using a tool called AppToMarket. This tool pretty much seems to automate the whole process of packaging your app in a way that the Android Market accepts. The tool is even free (donationware) and you can find it at http://amerkashi.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/automating-conversion-of-app-inventor-apk-to-google-market/. At the end of this entry you can also see a Youtube clip where the author of the tool explains in detail how it works.

I have also found guides to how to modify apps made in App Inventor in a more manual way, so that the Android Market will accept them. However, AppToMarket seems to be much easier to use so I will try that solution first if I end up using App Inventor. And now that it seems very much possible to be able to upload App Inventor apps to the Android Market, I am quite much leaning towards developing my first own app using App Inventor. Mainly because that would allow me to get started much faster.

My next step will be to try App Inventor a little bit and see how I like it. If it seems alright, I will use it to create my first app which I then intend to upload to the Android Market!

Stay tuned for the next step!


No comments:

Post a Comment