Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Setting Goals

I always find it challenging to set up concrete goals for myself. I find that using partial goals to "check off" along the way keeps me motivated, as I can feel that I am making progress. Thus I've decided to set up a number of partial goals for the development of my first own Android app:

Goal 1: Develop a somewhat functional beta version of my Android app
Goal 2: Release a fully functional and bug free version of my app on the Android Market
Goal 3: Make my first dollar from my app in the Android Market
Goal 4: Having the app generate an income of $15 in one month

I do feel that these goals are enough for me at the moment. Goal 1-3 are very realistic I think. As for Goal 4, I have no idea how hard that will be, but I suspect it might be quite a challenge. When/if I achieve Goal 4, I will set Goal 5. I believe I have insufficient knowledge to set a reasonable one right now.

Now I will keep on familiarizing myself with App Inventor to see if it will be suitable for me to work in. I certainly hope so as I in no way feel excited about learning Java :P Once I've decided about using App Inventor or Java, I'll also set up preliminary dates for when I hope to reach each of the above goals.

In the next entry I'll let you guys know which path I've chosen - App Inventor or Java/Eclipse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment